Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...I heard from all of my daughters. Plus I heard from grandchildren and nephews. That made me feel very, very, good.

Yesterday was a busy day and filled with fun. I went to the Central Ohio Folk Festival and had a blast. I saw some amazing entertainment there. I will list them in order of how I liked them (not in the order I saw them): Bill Cohen, Randall Williams (daughter's fave), Smoking Fez Monkeys, The Yellow Room Gang, The Answer Ladies (all dulcimer group), the Hard Tackers, and James Keelighan.

I attended a Drum Circle (I had no idea what it was, but I thought it was listening to ethnic drums). It was a group participation to learn to play drums or anything, such as sticks, washboards, etc. I had so much fun with them. It was actually a workshop and when I attend another festival like this I will attend the Drum Circle if they have one and be a little more involved.

We packed some food for our lunch and dinner and we ate it in the car. The weather was not ideal. It was 56 degrees, wind of 65 miles per hour, and we were basically outside. Tents do not keep you warm with winds like those. I wore daughter's sleeping bag most of the time. Needless to say both of us were chilled to the bone by the time we got home at midnight. We grabbed something hot to drink and something to nibble on before we went to bed. We tossed my warm, but unplugged, electric blanket on top of all the blankets already on the bed and made outselves toasty. I slept like a log.

Daughter had to go back to the festive to help take down the tents and participate in a couple of workshops. I declined, since I'm not supposed to be out too long in raw, windy, chill weather. I felt okay but I didn't want to push the envelope. I was still chilled so I crawled back into bed at 1:00 p.m. and slept until 6:30 p.m.

Mother's Day was quiet and I was snug and warm in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment