Thursday, June 3, 2010

Did some more shredding of old documents. It's a long, slow, process. I don't like doing it even though I know it needs to be done.

Another thing I'm not truly looking forward to is this first time grocery shopping with Grandson Three and Daughter Three. They have their own ideas on who buys what and when to buy it. Since I'm not contributing anything to pay for the groceries I don't think I should interfere. I can see where Grandson wants to be the "man" of the house, but we need to make this more of a democracy. No one needs to feel "not" important to the living arrangements. This will be a learning lesson.

We are in the adjustment stage as it is. Daughter is an active person with a schedule that is packed with activity, plus she is working. She feels she needs to avail herself for making sure I am out doing things and getting to any appointments I might have. I don't want her to feel that I'm tying her down to caring for me...I'm not ready for that! I do like the things that we have done together they've been fun, but she needs sometime for herself as well.

Grandson wants something to keep him busy. I know he's bored to death, he's used to being busy. He's job hunting and hasn't had much luck yet. His social life is as bad as mine is. We have no friends nearby to hang out with. All of his friends are in Springfield, so I know it's tough on him. He's been helping with the yard work and other 'manly' things that I couldn't do myself.

Enough of me running my mouth. I'll let it go for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment