Friday, May 27, 2011

Don't faint! I know, twice in one week! Just trying to get back on track.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - Still on no vitamins, aspirin, and coumanin. Made the solution, with cherry flavoring, so it can chill for a day or so before needing to drink it. I caught this blog up to today...woo hoo! Talked to Jesse three different times today. He was at the dentist to get the second half of his cleaning done. Talked to a friend today as well.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - Still on no vitamins, aspirin, and coumanin, plus nothing but liquids all day. Clear liquids and a gallon of nasty prep goop. Had to take two laxative pills. Yummy! Got the trash mostly together before the drink goop run to bathroom routine began. By bedtime I was bleeding a lot but no longer shitting. Yay!

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - Got up to take my shower found I was still bleeding. As I finished my shower and was getting dressed my breathing deteriorated dramatically and my heart was beating so rapidly it made my body shake. I sat down on the bed and tried to center myself. That helped a lot. Heather, Kent, and I got in the car and we went to the Central Ohio Surgery Center for my procedure. I got signed in. Heather took off for work and Kent made himself comfortable in the waiting room. I was ushered back to the prep room, got into their open in the back/front gown, onto the bed. The nurse took my blood pressure which was good. My oxygen level was 98 but my pulse was high and rapid. She told me she would let the anesthesiologist know this and see what he says. He wanted an EKG ran. This EKG was compared to one from March 29, 2011 and there was a "gap" in one of the rhythms so they were cancelling my procedure. I was given the EKG and told to take it to my cardiologist and see what he had to say. I was told to go home and resume my medications immediately. While waiting for Heather to come pick us up I called Dr. Pattison and explained what had happened and they made an appointment for me for Tuesday, May 31 at 9:30 a.m.. I ate and took my meds when I got home. Then I went to bed for a while. My heart was still beating like it wanted to escape my chest. I called Franklin to let him know what had transpired. We talked for over an hour and a half. I chatted with two other friends.

That's it for now.

P.S. - Can you have P.S.'s on a blog? Who cares it's MY blog.

1. - Co-incident? - Forest Lawn Cemetery called me on Wednesday. It was Frankie and she wanted to let me know they were having special deals on caskets, etc. I told her I wasn't planning on seeing her this weekend, but not to worry. I explained what I was going to be doing the next day and we got a chuckle out of her timing.

2. - Heather told the receptionist at the Central Ohio Surgery Center when the receptionist said the procedure would take 15 minutes and recovery half an hour, that she didn't know my mother. She was always different. (Note: Heather had just gotten to work when Kent called her for a teleconference with the nurse telling her they were cancelling the procedure.) When we were headed home it was mentioned that I sure was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment