Thursday, December 2, 2010

Okay...have a lot to catch up on.

Friday, November 26, 2010 - Heather, Brian, and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Kent wanted to sleep...he has a busy work day. That was about it.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - Didn't do a lot today either. Spent some time with my special friend.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - Worked on my novel. Talked with my special friend. Twice through out the day I had the feeling of squeezing in my chest, then both of my arms would tingle (kind of like your foot waking up from falling asleep). The first time the squeeze lasted 2-3 minutes and the tingling 4 minutes. The second time 2 minutes and 2 minutes. I was home alone at both episodes so I did nothing about it except try to relax.

Monday, November 29, 2010 - About an hour after I got up the tingling effect was still going on on the left side of my face and down my left arm. Another hour later I told Heather what was going on and called my primary care doctor. She advised that I go to the ER. Heather drove me to Mt. Carmel west and I was admitted to the CIMCU (Cardiac Internal Medicine Care Unit) for observation.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - All of my tests were normal: brain scan, cholesterol, sugar, coumanin, and whatever else they were checking for. My cardiologist told me that my split breastbone (from my open heart surgery almost 4 years ago) was still not healed but was spreading further apart. He wanted a surgeon for a consult. Through this all Heather and her friends, and my David have been with me and a source of comfort.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 - I was told by the surgeon that there was nothing that could be done to repair the breastbone, so I was being released. They released me and Heather and I headed home. While in the car my cardiologist called madder than ever he was not happy with what the surgeon had to say. He felt there was something that could be done to ease the pressure the spreading breastbone was putting on the nerves causing the tingling. So I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon for an other consult. This is scheduled for Dec. 7. Plus I have an appointment the same day to see my primary care doctor. So that has caught you all up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment