Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bringing things up-to-date.

Friday, September 17, 2010 - Wasn't all that much going on today. I did Skype with my brother though. He told me that he had been ill with his reoccuring stomach ailment since Labor Day. (He contracted this when he was visiting Dad in the nursing home five years ago.) He just can't shake it. Today was the first day that he felt "human" again. We had Brian this weekend. Heather picked him up at the bus station this evening.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - The highlight for today was going to Chestnut Ridge Metro Park for a Pond study. The four of us went. Heather and Brian held a frog and we all listened to the ranger give his talk. We were on an observation deck and Kent and I saw two turtles sunning on a log in the middle of the pond and saw a female duck as well. This was via binoculars attached to the deck. The weather was nice and we drove around the park to see whatelse was there. We were surprised at how little the park was. There were walking paths but we decided that they were too rural for me to traverse securely. Brian left us to spend time with his other grandparents. He will be going back home Sunday afternoon. They would take him to the bus station.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 - Heather and I went to Inniswoods Metro Park to listen to a jazz group, then we strolled through the part looking at the many, various gardens, that were there. There was a rose garden, an herb garden, a medicinal garden, a rock garden, a water fall/pond, and the home of the sisters that donated the property to the state for a park. We walked as long as I could tolerate it. We did a good part of the park. Brian texted Heather to tell him that the bus was full and he was on standby. He texted her a little later and said his grandmother was going to drive him halfway home and his dad would get him and take him the rest of the way home. Heather made Banana's Foster in the crockpot this evening. Tasty! I retired early for the night. I was beat.

Monday, September 20, 2010 - Every muscle in the lower half of my body aches. That was the most walking I'd done where it was up and down a lot. It's a good cardio workout, which I need
every now and then. For some reason I didn't feel on the top of my game. In the afternoon we ran some errands and that helped a little.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - I slept well last night, but I still ache and its from head to toe. I feel worse today than I did yesterday! Go figure! I feel drained. Hope this gets better because I don't like feeling like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment