Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hello! New Year, new things going on.

Sunday, January 9, 2011 - Worked on a Short Story for a PBS short story competition. Kent returned from Texas late this evening. He had a good time, but we're glad to have him home safe.

Monday, January 10, 2011 - Talked to the Aetna nurse for half an hour today. It was our usual monthly visit. We discussed how I was feeling and things to do in this month to improve my health...ha,ha. Spent a little time chatting with Walter. Worked on my Short Story and my novel. Talked to Tom to arrange a meeting...our "first" date so to say. He has called me several times and now it's time to meet. He's 71 years old. Lives in Columbus Grove, Oh. and is a retired truck driver. He's 6'1", says he has red hair and blue eyes. I'd bet his hair used to be red and is probably gray.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - Talked to Chip via Skype today. He and Margaret are doing well. They stayed inside for the holidays. Worked on my novel. Talked to Walter.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - Talked to Michelle for half an hour or so. Did some laundry. Wrapped Kent's birthday presents while Heather made him a birthday cake. Worked on my Short Story. Tom called and we cancelled our "first" date due to the snow storms we were having. Worked on my novel. Gathered the trash. Heather cooked a birthday meal for Kent which consisted of steak, baked potato, and brussel sprouts. She filled the house with smoke and we all had coughing fits. Doors were opened and fans turned on to clear the smoke out. The meal was tasty.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - Worked on my laundry some more. Spent time chatting with Walter. Worked on my novel. Submitted the Short Story. Winners will be announced in February.

Friday, January 14, 2011 - Talked to Stephanie for 45 minutes. Chatted with Tom for half an hour. Worked on my novel. Worried about Walter. I knew he was going to be out of commission for a while (24 hrs) due to the procedure on his back. I still missed talking with him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment