Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30, 2012 - Thursday

At my dobutamine IV treatment today my PIC line wouldn't work.  This is the second time this has happened.  PIC lines are supposed to be usable for a year.  I've had two PIC lines since April, a 5 month period.  They removed the non-working PIC line.  Now they are discussing whether to put in another PIC line or put a "port" in the right hand side of my upper chest.    That is out-patient surgery that needs to be done by a doctor, if they decide to go that route they will schedule me for that.  Otherwise I will be given my dobutamine next Thursday with or without a PIC line, it will be a regular IV like they did today.  They x-rayed my chest and the PIC line had moved to up under my clavicle.  Plus my blood was clotting rapidly.  Not a real good thing.

I called my primary care doctor to see if she had the results back from my blood drawn on Saturday.  I left a message with the receptionist to have her call me back with the results if she had them.  Dr. Kwong called me back and my INR was 1.6 and they want it at 3.0, but since I've had more than two salads (because of vitamin K) it made my INR low.  I was instructed to take 3 4mg warfarins (blood thinner) on Friday (tomorrow) and on Monday then the following Saturday have my blood drawn again.

Guess we see what happens on both of those issues listed above.

Now something that I'm really excited about.  I'm looking into publishing some of my finished books via e-books.  Plus I am still writing the third novel in my "Flickertail Saga".   I have a facebook account for my books that are in print.  It is Linda B. Munn.

I have a website for my books which is:  http://lbmunn.webs.com/  (which is listed at the end of this blog)

That's it for now.  Have a great and safe Labor Day!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment